Followers

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Backing A Kickstarter

Today I have backed my first kickstarter. It seems like a lot of money to put up for something that I may never get but the need for this one was pretty strong. Most of my gaming mates have backed a kickstarter at some point. In the past there have a few Kickstarters that have got my attention but I have been recticent to back them.
As Kingdom Death: Monster is now worth almost twice was it went for on Kickstarter and it has become something I really want, I didn't want to miss out on another one. That said, I am less likely to play this as a board game and more likely to use it just for the figures.

After I backed it they added a few more figures, cards and tiles as extra stretch goal. It's now only a few days away from being finished. Having run over the last of the origin, these new extra goals are probably likely to be achieved as well.

My expectation for the year is that I am going to move into doing more painting of futuristic figures or least slightly contemporary with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. Star Saga and some of the 3d Star Wars terrain also might make a showing So this might be a mix and match year.

No comments:

Post a Comment