Followers

Thursday 6 July 2017

Salmon Day

For those of you are unfamiliar with the phrase Salmon Day I can be pretty sure that you have not worked for local government. Today was a lot like the salmon days of old. Essentially having a salmon day involves you swimming against the current all day only to get screwed and die.

I have spent the last few days working of laser cutting stuff in preparation for going to the Fab Lab today. When I got their the machine was being used by a member of school staff. Then the girlfriend of one of the staff was using it. These guys have access to it all week and I get two half days. Indications were that the jobs were not going to take too long so I waited around. Now I wa told that the machine was being looked at and things had improved. This was actually a lie. No one had gone near it because the staff were conning themselves that they had it under control. Laser cutting is not a major skill set of mine but even I had figured out what was wrong thanks to YouTube. I have been telling people that this is the problem for days. Today, for the first time, I got the sense that people were listening to me. Not that there is anything they can do. So, after two hours of sitting around and about eight hours of prep I came home.

Hurrumpfh.

No comments:

Post a Comment