Followers

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Focus, One Hour, Orcs / Orks And Titansgrave

Titansgrave -  Ashes of Valkana caught my attention this morning. It popped up on YouTube and has been on my mind since. It is something I would like to be able to play by the end of the year and if that is the case, I would like to get something underway now. Along with X-Com these were things I was looking at doing at in The Plan at the beginning of the year so I had better get on and do something about it,
I wrote about Focus last night after a day when I pretty much didn't have any. Today has been a day on constant interruptions. Despite that I found a way to make some time. It may only have been an hour but it was an hour more than yesterday and the day before that. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.

I wanted an easy win. What is easier than gluing figures together. It still takes time and in the hour that I had I managed to glue together only four figures. A while back I got some plastic space orcs from a popular high street manufacturer. For a while now I have been trying to figure out how to do female orcs. As this is a game of characters people are going to want to play female orcs. I don't need a huge number but I need some. My man idea had been to give them greenstuff boobs and redder lips. As part of the plan I was going to get some wild orcs. Most would make another opfor but a few were going to be wild orc characters. I got to thinking (whilst I was doing something) that the heads for some of this were flowing locks as it were. Doing a mix and match of the two would be okay for females. The plan calls for about thirty figures at most so this will mean I have a few spares but I am sure that I can always find a use for them.

A single step is all well and good. What I have to keep focussing on is the next step and the step after tha. I would have been happier if I had got more figures done and that the ones that were done were a bit further down the line. That said I am happy that I have done something. So now I need more plastic orcs, more plastic lizardmen, female dwarves, some halflings and elves (and I have no idea where I am going to find space elves that don't look like Eldar in power armour)

No comments:

Post a Comment