Followers

Saturday 4 March 2017

Distractions Of The RPG Kind

I have been working on a background for the Viking game for a good long time now, over four years I think. Most of my efforts end up in a document which has grown and evolved over time. It's now about 140 pages long. I don't do things by halves. It has sat there for a while, since the beginning of January. However, this morning YouTube, the new cornerstone of my life, threw up a random video about Vikings. That has got me back in the writing front.

What time I have had today has been updating the document and adding some more details. It's not a straight interpretation of the Viking world and has a number of ideas which make it a more easy world to play in. It is strongly influenced by the legends but it is hard to come up with anything that is hard and fast because the myths, like much of the history are lack a lot of detail.

This post was really difficult to get round to doing today. I have stuck with the daily postings for a little over two months now. It is the sheer regularity that is keeping me going. I don't actually want to miss a day of doing this. I still like the idea of hitting a thousand posts by the end of 2018 but that is going to be very hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment