Followers

Saturday 31 December 2016

Dead Rising 4 Or Christmas And Zombies

The year is about to come to an end. Zombies, what is better than a game about zombies? A zombie game set at Christmas. Talk about senseless violence. I love the franchise nearly as much as Fallout. I think it was when I got to kill a horde of zombies with a park bench in the first game that I was sold on it. Hordes of the things that never seem to stop coming. You can pick up  practically anything and use it to club things to death. In the first game I had a kill count of over 100,000 zombies. After four days with the game I am just touching 30,000 and now, a few days later I am almost at the 100,000 mark.

Guns seem to be playing a bigger role in the game. In the first game you could count yourself lucky to get a pistol. With this game (which is set in the future) guns, even energy weapons, are much more common. This makes the zombies much easier to kill. I am a lot less likely to die.

Creating combo weapons was the focus of Games two and in three and now four, combo vehicles are the big thing. Taking a segway and a golf cart, a classic car and a ski-mobile and a go cart and an electric wheelchair for example. All good fun. A quick step to mas slaughter.

I got a copy of Dead Rising just before Christmas. I finished it three days later. It was a rocky ride but I only died about a dozen times and bear in mind this was achieved in a few days whilst I have been busy buying Christmas trees and all the usual seasonal stuff. Story line is therefore a little light but who cares when there are zombies to kill right? There just isn't enough game there to keep me happy. That said I have started it again, finished it and started it again, just to find all the trophies.

There is even a Christmas sticking stuffer. All the zombies become Santa's elf helper zombies and a few other bits. Nice but I have turned it off already.

For various reasons. the Character of Frank West, the main protagonist of the game is a character I associate with more than any other. I should probably get myself a camera.

The game is set in a place called Willamette. Oddly the same place where a lot of the action takes place in the book The Postman. It has a massive shopping mall which is odd for a settlement which is home to three hundred people.

No comments:

Post a Comment