Followers

Sunday 7 August 2016

Gadding About - Again - Kroot Raiders

I am back on the Napoleonics now but the focus got lost again. I painted ten of these. Well it was something to do.

I was hoping to do something along the lines of Titansgrave, The Ashes of Valkana. Not sure I could run the main campaign in the book, bits of it are a little too kitsch but I could turn it into something playable. It's kind of high fantasy sci-fi and I was thinking what sums that up as a genre more than anything else and came up with Star Wars. So I had a think, what could I get cheap and do some repaints on and all sorts of GW stuff came to mind.
Not Kroot and not Tusken Raiders either
So I got these Kroot figure. I don't know a lot about them in the 40k verse but they look a bit scary and tribal. So relating that back to Star Wars I thought Tusken raiders. They were a bit bashed up but that gave me a few ideas. I don't like the long guns so they got trimmed a bit and the flash hiders on the barrels became scopes.

I have a view that these guys are like drunken raiders rather than anything else. They live on the periphery of society. They must get their tech from somewhere but I can't see they walking down the high street.

I am still debating turning Titansgrave into a Savage Worlds game but I am guessing probably not. My normal way is to try and get figures that I can use in multiple games but I am struggling with these. It is possible they could become something post apocalyptic but probably not Fallout.

1 comment:

  1. They look great. I do have a soft spot for these guys. You should read up there background there really quite an interesting race.

    ReplyDelete