Followers

Tuesday 7 April 2015

I Can Feel A Binge Coming On

I just had a look at my plan for the year. It was a good plan. Still is a good plan. Or maybe I just want to spend some money. So I have been looking. I like the idea of doing some more dark age fantasy.

I want some skeletons. As I can't find what I want I guess that I will have to settle for some GW ones. I would prefer metal ones but the plastics will be easier to convert. I have a stack of weapons suitable for the task but need some more shields. A bit of green stuff should make passable rusty helmets. I have some part conversions but they are not really suitable for this..

Zombies are never far from my mind. I have lots and lots. Trouble is most are not suitable for a fantasy game. I have found a few but not enough to want to make a start. I also have some plastic celtic warband types. They won't do for traditional zombie types but should work fine for draugr or rager types.

I was thinking about human adversaries as well. They stuff I have will pass as a lot of nations but not Normans. I was also planning on getting some barbarians (in the Roman sense rather than the Conan one). One of the races in my game are the Franks which I picture as more the celtic type than the Carolingian type. It so happens that Crusader do some nice ones in both periods so this looks like a good place to start. There are a few other bits I can pick up here too. They are nice and cheap but you get two of each of four models per pack and I don't like to have too many duplicates.

I have some plastic Ents to do too. When I have finished the current  the current batch, this looks like what I will start next.

I found some  Black Tree ratmen I got from a shop in st helens about ten years ago. They got started but forgotten about. There are few of the set missing. There are some more that I want to buy and they don't really fit with in with what I am doing at the moment.


Triples is around the corner. So I might wait but I am starting to have my doubts. I'll look n the garage and see what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment