Followers

Saturday 18 May 2013

15mm GZG SciFi Armour


I have purchased a large amount of  GZG 15mm vehicles that have have been sat around for a while now. In terms of weight in the lead mountain, this is the single biggest purchase I have made in ten years. I wanted some stuff that would fit in with my ideas for Tomorrow's War. Sort of 2300 meets Aliens. So lots of mid-tech stuff with wheels and tracks are the main order of business. I have a some srmoured grav vehicles which I think  will do for a more advanced focred just for good measure. Mostly I wanted some civilian looking vehicles to use more as scenery rather than vehicles. All of which now require some degree of attention.

They have been taking up limited storage space ever since I got them. I thought it was about time I did something about it. Sooooo...... If I put some paint on them, it means the project has been started and is not at the gathering dust stage. I can justify buying some more stuff to stick in storage when I go to Triples later in the month. Then I can sit back and admire an even bigger lead mountain. In general, the lead miuntain has been getting smaller (or did I just stop buying 28mm figures?)

Wondering why there is a picture of a mountain at the top of the post? Well that is lead Mountain Colorado. No, seriously it actually exists, it's not just a clever metaphor :-)

2 comments:

  1. Fred- you and me both. I too have stopped buying 28mm figures but the lead pile always seems to grow rather than diminish- odd that, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick with 15mm. the pile gets smaller and smaller. Seriously tho, I have painted far more of the 15mm stuff in the last year than I have purchased. I now have a large games workhouse figures case full of figures full of 15mm (at least 600 figures). I don;t think I own that many 28mm figures.

      Delete