Followers

Friday 1 June 2012

Terrainfest

I have found the right lead. I did it almost as soon as the last post I put out. Think there is something to that? I might as well get June going with a flurry.

***

I almost forgot. 1st June is the birthday of my best mate from school Andy who is sadly no longer with us. Even sadder still is that it has been a long time since he was. I make a point of thinking about him on his birthday. If you are out there, I am thinking about you mate.

***
One of the main aims I had for Triples was to get some terrain bits that I could use to jazz up my exisiting terrain and the buildings I am working on at the moment. In some respects I was a little dissapointed but I had a few unexpected finds that helped as well.

The biggest project on the terrain scene is the factory. This will be the largest 15mm building to date with some infrastructure and barriers to support it. I found some generators at Urban Construct Wargames terrain. I thought these would do as part of the production line. When I get round to doing the post apocalypse game, this would make a nice place to investigate. I got a few other bits including some rubble, tank engines, a pressure vessel and a few other bits and pieces.

I also had a quick look at Ainsty castings and came away with some large liquid tanks  and some odds and sods storage units. There are also a few bits from Urban Construct / Wargames Terrain. Some of these will be for the factory complex and others will end up being part of the general scenary.
Ainsty and Urban Construct. Not really 15mm but will do dor what I want


My other two stops were at Magister Militatum where I have brought a lot of fantasy stuff in the past. I got some small bits from their Baueda stock mainly barrels and boxes. I also went to Ground Zero Games to increase the lead pile a bit more. The GZG stuff was more like I was looking for. I am going to use this to add a bit more colour to the buildings. With a bit of luck I will get an order off to The Scene at some point and add a bit more of a tech feel to the buildings.

GZG terrain bits

Better get painting then.

No comments:

Post a Comment