Followers

Saturday 5 May 2012

In space no one can see you paint

Alien. You have to love Alien. It's what survival horror is all about. In the pantheon of SF greats, it's up there with Star Wars. When I saw these figures from Khurasan I thought my birthday had come early.
The crew of the Nostromo

The figures are really true to the film. They look like the characters, well at least as best they can in 15mm. My only gripe is there are only six of them. What happened to Cane? What kind of madness is this. You make the cast of a film and miss out one and only one of the main characters. I had a Darth Vader at the end of the Revenge of the Sith moment when I realised.

They were an enjoyable paint job. I did a bit of research (I have a book about the production of the movie and I did some picture hunting on the net) and came up with something that is a little closer to the uniforms that the painted pics on the website. I still wish that I could paint that well though.

Listed as Citizens or Commercial Freighter Crew, Male and Female on the Khurasan website.

No comments:

Post a Comment